Diana Shops, a dress store chain, opened in Kingsport in 1949 next to McCrory’s on Broad Street. In November 1959, the company moved to the newly constructed building at 230 Broad Street. The shop was located between S.H. Kress and Fuller & Hillman. Below, a group of employees pose in the store’s new location. Diana Shops carried a complete line of dresses, coats, suits, sportswear, beachwear and lingerie. The store was managed by Shirley Wright.