Holston Auto Supply was located at 321 West Market Street. When this photograph was taken in 1952, J. Matthew Nelson was the president and general manager of the company. Holston Auto Supply opened in Kingsport in February 1946 with only two employees, Nelson and J.H. Rogers. By 1952, the company had expanded to a second location in Rogersville and over 30 employees.