The Spur Station opened on the corner of East Center and Sullivan Streets in May 1951. The service station advertised low prices and high quality gas. The station was conveniently located in the downtown business district. The opening weekend of the station was celebrated with balloons, prizes and free gifts. The company imported orchids from Hawaii to give out to women attending the celebration. The grand prize being given away was an Admiral “triple play” Radio and Phonograph Combination. Above is an image of the Spur Station taken in 1951.Below, employees of the Spur Station pose in front of the gas pumps and a display of dinnerware in this photograph taken in 1952.