The Homestead Hotel was located on the corner of West Sullivan and Clay Streets. Built in 1918 as a club house for executives of the Grant Leather Company, it was later remodeled into the hotel.
According to the 1937 Rotary Club Book about Kingsport, “it is a favored location for new industrial executives and their families while waiting to locate permanently in their own homes. Many of the teachers on the city’s public schools live here during the year. Nearly sixty percent of their quests are of the permanent class.”
Despite efforts of local citizens the Homestead Hotel was eventually torn down in the 1990’s.